Thursday, December 6, 2012

30 Things before I turn 30 - recap

So it's official as of 10:05 I am now thirty years old here is my recap of my 30 day challenge to myself.

30 Flirty and Thriving


1. Build a snowman - We only got one snowfall and I attempted to make one, it fell apart, so it wasn't for lack of trying
2. Order a drink I've never tried - perhaps an old fashioned - I have yet to do this
3. Complete another Freezer, Fridge & Pantry Challenge - I failed on this one
4. Blog a recipe completely from scratch (I have two in my head I've been wanting to test out for awhile) - why hello there!
5. Complete a project off of my craft diy pinterest board I did this one!
6. Order a croque monsieur (I've always wanted to try this sandwich and have never ordered it) To be honest it was a 'faux croque monsieur' but it was the same ingredients
7. Have my second standard driving lesson from my dad - He was away up until the last few days so I consider this not my fault
8. Record a song; Sabotage by the Beastie Boys - totally my fault!
9. Take a full roll of film whether it be with  my 35mm or my 2 1/4 - fail
10. Clean up my balcony
11. Wear something from my closet that has not been worn before
12. Bring a bag to the Salvation Army
13. Watch a classic movie that you have never seen before
14. Do something out of your comfort zone
15. Go watch the sunset down by the river
16. Go to a Target (in full disclosure I'm going to the States next weekend on a shopping trip so this one is pretty much going to happen, but I have always wanted to go)
17. Go somewhere you never have been (not counting the States trip)
18. Get some of the clutter out of my apartment (kind of the same as 12, but I already do have a bag ready to go)
19.  Have pancakes for dinner - Did this on monday!
20. Go back to Sidedoor for fish tacos (I have literally been craving them since August) BAM did this yesterday for a friends birthday
21. Have a super nintendo afternoon
22. Finish all the Breaking Bad on Netflix - OMG the end of season 4
23. Brown Bag it to work for at least two weeks if not the full 4 weeks
24. Watch one of my dvds I've never watched (I have at least 5 I've never seen if not more) - I've had the classic Rudolph on dvd for years and I finally cracked it open
25. Sign up for a Starbucks card and start working my way to a gold card - I've made it to my green card
26. Make a recipe out of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution Cookbook that I haven't made yet (it's one of my favourite cookbooks) - total fail
27. Eat more quinoa, hemp seeds and chia seeds
28. Finish all the frozen fish in your freezer - fail
29. Eat vegetarian 2 nights a week
30. Cut down on soda

I think I did a pretty good job at accomplishing most of my personal challenge.

-mjb
 

No comments:

Post a Comment