Sunday, November 4, 2012

30 things before I turn 30 - 30 day challenge

In lieu of my upcoming 30th birthday on December 6th. I have decided to give myself a 30 day challenge to complete before I turn 30.  Here's a list below that I intend to complete with photographic evidence starting on November 6th.  I haven't been decided how I will update this on my blog; either posting as I go, a weekly round-up or in a big wrap up.

1. Build a snowman
2. Order a drink I've never tried - perhaps an old fashioned
3. Complete another Freezer, Fridge & Pantry Challenge
4. Blog a recipe completely from scratch (I have two in my head I've been wanting to test out for awhile)
5. Complete a project off of my craft diy pinterest board
6. Order a croque monsieur (I've always wanted to try this sandwich and have never ordered it)
7. Have my second standard driving lesson from my dad
8. Record a song; Sabotage by the Beastie Boys
9. Take a full roll of film whether it be with  my 35mm or my 2 1/4
10. Clean up my balcony
11. Wear something from my closet that has not been worn before
12. Bring a bag to the Salvation Army
13. Watch a classic movie that you have never seen before
14. Do something out of your comfort zone
15. Go watch the sunset down by the river
16. Go to a Target (in full disclosure I'm going to the States next weekend on a shopping trip so this one is pretty much going to happen, but I have always wanted to go)
17. Go somewhere you never have been (not counting the States trip)
18. Get some of the clutter out of my apartment (kind of the same as 12, but I already do have a bag ready to go)
19.  Have pancakes for dinner
20. Go back to Sidedoor for fish tacos (I have literally been craving them since August)
21. Have a super nintendo afternoon
22. Finish all the Breaking Bad on Netflix
23. Brown Bag it to work for at least two weeks if not the full 4 weeks
24. Watch one of my dvds I've never watched (I have at least 5 I've never seen if not more)
25. Sign up for a Starbucks card and start working my way to a gold card
26. Make a recipe out of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution Cookbook that I haven't made yet (it's one of my favourite cookbooks)
27. Eat more quinoa, hemp seeds and chia seeds
28. Finish all the frozen fish in your freezer
29. Eat vegetarian 2 nights a week
30. Cut down on soda

So there it is. I know near the end it's not as exciting, but it's hard to think of 30 things to finish. Wish me luck!

-mjb

No comments:

Post a Comment