Monday, November 21, 2011

recipe #13 - Roasted Red Pepper, Red Lentil, Zucchini and White Bean Soup

It's officially soup season! I cannot believe I haven't posted my most basic soup recipe. This is a take off on Canadian Living's Quick Vegan Potato Lentil Soup. I made that soup or variations on it last winter at least ten times.

Ingredients

-1 tbsp sunflower oil
-1 tsp thyme
-1/4 tsp cumin
-1 or 2 pinches of cayenne pepper (I usually do 2, I like spicy)
-1 pinch of red pepper flakes
-1 onion; chopped
-4 gloves garlic; sliced into thinly (I really like garlic)
-1 zucchini; chopped finely
-2 mushrooms; chopped
-2 roasted red peppers (I cheated, I used bottled)
-1 cup of red lentils
-1 box of stock (I generally use vegetable)

1. Add sunflower oil to large pot, saute onions, zucchini, mushrooms, red peppers and red lentils.
2. Stir frequently for five minutes, add in garlic, spices, beans and stock.
3. Bring to a boil and than turn down stove and simmer for 20 minutes or so.

Dinner!

*I had some wonderful leftover Art-is-In Dynamite Potato, Caramelized Onion & Fresh Dill bread that I toasted. If you haven't been to Art-is-In do yourself a favour and go now!

No comments:

Post a Comment