Thursday, December 29, 2011

recipe #14 - Deviled Eggs

One of my yearly festive traditions is to make the deviled eggs for my aunts' Christmas party.  To me this is Christmas. I have been attending the party my entire life and cannot imagine my life without it. In fact I believe this is where I get my party-planning gene.  I now give you my 'famous deviled eggs recipe' that I have been making since I was 10.

Ingredients:
-2 dozen eggs (I usually vary how many cartons I use but for the sake of this entry, I'll go with what I used this time)
-1/4 cup mayo (I usually eyeball this, but I started with this amount and added as needed)
-1 pinch of salt
-1 pinch of pepper
-Paprika dusted on top

1.  Get the largest pot you own, add water and a splash of vinegar. Add eggs and bring to a boil.
2.  Boil for 10 minutes, immediately remove from heat and run under cold water until eggs are no longer hot.  (I usually do this in a two-day process, this is where I would stop and put the eggs in the refrigerator)
3.  Peel eggs, cut in half, place egg whites on a plate and add yokes into another bowl.
4.  Once completed, add mayo into the yoke bowl and mix together until smooth. Add pinches of salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into egg whites.
5.  Dust with paprika to finish (for a real treat get some smoked paprika).

Deviled Eggs
 To prove my party craziness, I took a few shots of some of the food at my aunts.

Pink Unicorns my favourite!

She made gluten free for my cousins girlfriend - She also told me she ends Saturday night prep by painting the hippos!

We *kids* love to drink the sparkling stuff

Bacon-wrapped dates pre-cooked

Its all in the details, I make post-it notes for parties too (despite being blurry it needed to be included)

my favourite jam tarts and nun's farts

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment