Sunday, February 26, 2012

recipe #16 - Banana Skor Bit Muffins

Hello Blog,

I have missed you.  However here is a great banana muffin recipe I adapted from the Joy of Cooking.

Ingredients:

-1 1/2 cup flour
-1/4 cup wheat germ
-1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant!)
-2 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 cup skor bits (the recipe called for walnuts, but I thought skor bits would be better and I had them in my pantry)
-1 large egg
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-2 mashed bananas
-1/3 cup coconut oil (I've been reading alot of other blogs that have been using coconut oil and I've been dying to try it, so I did instead of vegetable oil)
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 tbsp greek yogurt

1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Put 12 liners into a pan.
2. Whisk together, flour, wheat germ, rolled oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon in a medium bowl.
3. Stir in skor bits.
4. Whisk together egg, brown sugar, bananas, oil, vanilla and yogurt in a large bowl.
5. Fold in flour mixture into wet mixture. Divide the batter and add a spoonful of skor bits on top.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Muffin

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment